Xwindow warning

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Xwindow warning
  • From: r1gauss at spring.iam.ntu.edu.tw (yi-kuen lee)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 94 13:20:59 -0800

Dear Mathgroup member:
    I am using the textbook version of Mathematics in unix system.
Although I have set the display 'setenv DISPLAY 140.112.38.65:0.0' and
I can plot the graphics on the screen. The output 'Out[n]' always shows
  ' X Toolkit Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-courier-medium-r-*--   "
I don't know how to solve the problem. Can anybody know how to overcome
the difficulty?   Thanks a lot.

                              Yi-Kuen Lee
                            r1gauss at spring.iam.ntu.edu.tw
                           Institute of Applied Mechanics