Mathematica @ maple : integration

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Mathematica @ maple : integration
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 01:14:36 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone:
I have a problem with integration in Mathematica. The integration is :
Integrate[ (a x^2 + b x + c)^(-11), x]
with less powers ( like (-5) and even (-7) ) Mathematica works wonderfully.
I have Mathematica ver.2.2 enhanced version, on 486 Dx2, 66MHz, 8Mb RAM.
When the power is (-11) the system crashes!
I tried Maple ( the student version); and the result was there in 2
I understood that maple takes advantage of the virtual memory in the
My Q. is : Is there any way to make Mathematica use the virtual Memory.
I've tried MemoryConserve in vain.
Thanking you in anticipation
Maimon Amer
Univ. of Tennessee/ Knoxville