External Mma graphics viewer for Macintosh

  • To: mathgroup <mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Subject: External Mma graphics viewer for Macintosh
  • From: p.kent at imperial.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 16:37:01 GMT

Dear MathGroup, I wonder if anyone working with v2.2 for the
Macintosh has tried directing graphics output into an
external viewer, in the way that the pre-Notebook UNIX version
does.

I have an application in mind where a Mma program would communicate
with the user via the pure kernel. This works fine but there is
no graphics. Either I need to direct graphics into an external viewer,
or (more difficult) create a custom interface which behaves like
a pure kernel but can display graphics.

Any ideas?

Phillip Kent
Transitional Maths Project