Re: Are these good books?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Re: Are these good books?
  • From: wself at (Will Self)
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 12:42:28 -0600

The Gaylord et al book is okay, I'm going to use it in an introduction
to programming course this Fall.  I think the Abell Braselton books are
a waste of time and money.  To me, it's hard to beat Wolfram's book.
I regard it as one of the best books I own in any area.

Roman Maeder's book is excellent.  However, if you're just starting it
may be a bit uphill for you.  Get it anyway and put it under your

Stan Wagon's book is a great one for fun and inspiration.  It's called
Mathematica in Action.

Sorry, Maeder's book is called Programming in Mathematica.

Will Self