Mma 2.2 on ULTRIX 4.2A with Motif

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mma 2.2 on ULTRIX 4.2A with Motif
  • From: marc at ashley.fusion.ucla.edu
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 94 17:40:25 -0800

When running moderately large notebooks ( > .5MB), the Motif
interface for ULTRIX 4.2A continually crashes, to the point of
being completely useless.  Does anyone have any information on
whether the problem is with 4.2A, Motif or Mathematica?

If the problems are with Mathematica, does anyone know if there
are plans to fix this problem? If 4.3 ULTRIX would fix the problem,
I'd like to know that too.

BTW I have 32 MB of memory, and run into the same problems just
after rebooting---I don't think it's a swap space problem.

Thanks,

-Marc  (day at fusion.ucla.edu)