Re: FFT

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg737] Re: [mg674] FFT
  • From: Paul E Howland <PEHOWLAND at taz.dra.hmg.gb>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 09:05:44 +0200 (IST)

On Sat, 8 Apr 1995, David E. Burmaster wrote:

> Can someone pls recommend a book or an article that discusses how to use
> FFT in Mathematica?? ..... hopefully  something with lots of examples,
> including convolutions  done using FFTs....

I think you'd be better off just getting a book on the FFT to start
with.  Implementing it in Mathematica is trivial - indeed the built in
functions Fourier[] and InverseFourier[], and the FourierTransform
package probably do what you want.

A good introduction to the FFT and what it can do is:
	"The FFT, Fundamentals and Concepts" by Robert W. Ramirez,
	Prentice Hall, Inc, ISBN 0-13-314386-4

Hope this helps,

Paul E Howland

Long Range Ground Radar Systems Section               tel. +44 (0)1684 895767
CSS2 Division, Room BY209                             fax. +44 (0)1684 896315
Defence Research Agency                           email: PEHOWLAND at DRA.HMG.GB
Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK.