Re: list of Mma commands with specified properties
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg724] Re: [mg644] list of Mma commands with specified properties
- From: Lou Talman <me at talmanl.mscd.edu>
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 95 14:37:07 -0600
Jack's questions below prompted me to begin a package to deal with your
issues (1) and (2). It's now at the stage where it works, but isn't
pretty. Anyone who is interested is welcome to a copy of it when it's
Begin forwarded message:
> Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 10:03:45 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Jack Goldberg <jackgold at math.lsa.umich.edu>
>To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
>Subject: [mg644] list of Mma commands with specified properties
A student asked me "Which Mma commands have the option
of allowing Trig->False so that she could set Trig->True?"
This question raises a more general issue which I pose to
you in the form of two questions:
(1) How does one ask for a list of commands which have a
specified option such as Trig->False ?
(I won't clutter cyberspace with my makeshift solution, since I'll
bet there is a "professional" way to do it.)
(2) Same question for attributes, say for instance, Listable?
Another student asked this question (actually it was me):
(3) Is there a way of forcing the front end to produce
output in MatrixForm in a given Mma session rather than
a list of lists (of equal length) as it does now?
This is of value when one knows in advanced that a particular
session will be dealing entirely with matrices.
Prev by Date:
How do you input a solution from FindRoot into another equation?
Next by Date:
Re: Lyapunov Equation
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: list of Mma commands with specified properties
Next by thread:
Interactive input? and sorting FindRoot list