Re: Linearization of a system of differential equations

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg835] Re: Linearization of a system of differential equations
  • From: glgesm at engr.psu.edu (Gary L. Gray)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 02:16:21 -0400

In article <3n1sja$avv at news0.cybernetics.net>, alves at unixg.ubc.ca (Ivan
Boris Alves) wrote:

> I am in the process of exploring some systems of differential equations.
> The questions I have a fairly simple, such as determining whether a
> unique equilibrium is saddle point stable or not.
>
> Does anybody know of packages that simplify this process?
>
> ANy help would be appreciated
>
> --
> Ivan Alves
> University of British Columbia
> alves at unixg.ubc.ca

Check out SKPackages by Stephen Kaufmann. You can get it at:

ftp://mathsource.wri.com//pub/Publications/BookSupplements/Kaufmann-1994/

It contains a package called Linearize that will probably do what you want.

Best regards,
--
Gary L. Gray                     |  (814) 863-1778
Assistant Professor              |  (814) 863-7967 (fax)
Engineering Science & Mechanics  |  glgesm at engr.psu.edu
Penn State University            |  AOL: GLGray