Calling functions before loading the package

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg684] Calling functions before loading the package
  • From: Gottfried Mayer-Kress <gmk at pegasos.ccsr.uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 95 20:28:43 -0600

This is an old problem that keeps coming up for me:

I want to use a function like "Mean" from the statistics package but I forget
to load the package first. Now the dummy expression "Mean" obscures all
operations. The only solution I am aware of is to kill the kernel and start all
over again. There must be a more elegant solution...

Thanks for the patience,
---
Gottfried Mayer-Kress
Center for Complex Systems Research, Beckman Institute, Physics Dept. UIUC
405 N Mathews,  Urbana, Il 61801,gmk at pegasos.ccsr.uiuc.edu, gmk at igc.apc.org,
gmk at santafe.edu, (217)-244-5877(voice),x5493(fax1),x8371(fax2), x1994 (msg)
URLs:	http://www.ccsr.uiuc.edu/~gmk/, ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/gmk