Re: Postscript file printing
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg686] Re: Postscript file printing
- From: davidms at corp.hp.com (David Sangster)
- Date: 10 Apr 1995 03:57:58 GMT
Haldun Tihan (haldun at dmi.stevens-tech.edu) wrote:
: Dear Mathgroup,
: After obtaining a -Graphics- output, I have tried to use PSPrint, PSFix and
: various combinations and different values of each command but I was unable to
: get a print out through the file generated by MATH.
You didn't say what exactly you meant by "unable to get a printout".
No printout at all? Not what you expected? etc. That aside, here is what works
for me. It isn't pretty, but it works:
1. Highlight the cell containing the graphic output.
2. Graph -> Convert Selected Graphic -> Convert to Postscript
3. Style-> Formatted (warning - this produces a _big_ text cell)
4. Save As Special -> Plain Text (creates a text file)
5. edit the file you just saved to include only the "PS-like" commands:
- the beginning of the file should look like:
- the end should have:
% End of Graphics
6. Run psfix (mine is in /usr/local/math/Bin/Display/psfix) on the file:
psfix file > file2
7. file2 is a postscript file you can print, e.g. with
"lp -opostscript file2", or similar...
Good luck - I'm using ver 2.2 on a HP 9000/735 running HP-UX 9.01.
-David Sangster (davidms at hpeadc1.corp.hp.com)
: Hal Tihan,ME.
: Design & Manufacturing Institute
: Stevens Institute of Technology
: Hoboken, NJ, 07030
: tel (201) 216-8983
: fax (201) 216-8963
: e-mail haldun at dmi.stevens-tech.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: FactorInteger Print Formatting
Next by Date:
Re: Some Mathematica-related URL's
Previous by thread:
How to search network for cycles?
Next by thread: