Re: Producing eps files

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1948] Re: Producing eps files
  • From: "Kenneth D. Ham" <hamkd at ornl.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 00:09:14 -0400

"LAUER Marie-Reine 154851" <LAUER at DTP.cea.fr> wrote:

>I would like to save graphics drawn in a Notebook as encapsulated
>postscript files. I used to do that on a Macintosh with:
> -copy the graphics
> -convert clipboard in the Edit menu
> -save in file
>I was very disapointed to see that "convert clipboard" is missing in the
>Windows version of Mma? Can anybody suggest me a way to perform this
>operation?
>Thanks.

snip

To save a graphic cell as an encapsulated postscript file in MMA 2.2.3 for windows

1.select the graphic (a box appears around it)
2.Pull down the FILE menu
3.Select EXPORT
4.under file type choose 'encapsulated postscript .eps' (other types are available)
5.set a file name of your choosing (?.eps)
6.Click on OK

I hope this works for you.

In my experience postscript files or windows metafiles (*.wmf) have proven easier to
import in word processor or graphics programs, but encapsulated postscript may be
better for your application. If they don't act as you think they should, try another
format.

Good luck.

Kenneth Ham