Determining probabilities by expansion on?

Does anyone know if you can use mathematica to EXPAND a generating
function and have it COME up with a probability function for it? The
problem is that I have a 2 dimensional generating function, G(x,y;t) and I
need to expand it to determine the probability P i,j(t). I can expand it
using Series command, but the results are to complicated to see by hand. I
also welcome any advices or hints on 2-D expansions. Thanks in advance.

Yohon Lo
Grad. Research. Assist.
Dept. Nuclear Engineering
Universtiy of Tennessee-Knoxville

"In the future, everyone will be famous for fifteen megabytes!"
by ???
http://cobweb.utcc.utk.edu/~yolo