Determining probabilities by expansion on?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1850] Determining probabilities by expansion on?
- From: yolo at utkvx.utcc.utk.edu (Yohon Lo)
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 20:26:55 -0400
- Organization: University of Tennessee-Knoxville
Does anyone know if you can use mathematica to EXPAND a generating function and have it COME up with a probability function for it? The problem is that I have a 2 dimensional generating function, G(x,y;t) and I need to expand it to determine the probability P i,j(t). I can expand it using Series command, but the results are to complicated to see by hand. I also welcome any advices or hints on 2-D expansions. Thanks in advance. Yohon Lo Grad. Research. Assist. Dept. Nuclear Engineering Universtiy of Tennessee-Knoxville "In the future, everyone will be famous for fifteen megabytes!" by ??? http://cobweb.utcc.utk.edu/~yolo