Re: Comparison of MMA on Various Machines

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg1884] Re: Comparison of MMA on Various Machines
  • From: ananke!forest at (Chris E. Forest)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 22:50:39 -0400

Karl Unterkofler (karl at wrote:
: Comparison of MMA on Various Machines

: This is the latest version of Mathematica timing tests;
: (further results are welcome: karl at

: Midwest Micro Elite Soundbook with 100mhz DX4,
:  8MB RAM by wilson at

: Midwest Micro Soundbook Plus: 75MHz Pentium, 8M RAM,
:  256K external cache by wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU

: **********************************************************************
:  Karl Unterkofler                     Department of Theoretical Physics
:  Tel: +43 (316) 873 8193              Graz University of Technology
:  Fax: +43 (316) 814741                Petersgasse 16
:  e-mail: karl at  A-8010 Graz
:       Austria/Europe
: ***********************************************************************

I'm curious about other notebooks and subnotebooks since only
two are listed.  I'm in the market for one and am curious about
how Mma will perform on either a PPC Mac Duo or a pentium subnote.

Any idea if the PPC will be as snappy as their big brothers? Are certain
features left out that will slow it down?

What features, such as the Cache, should I insist on getting to
make a pentium notebook most efficient?

Is this the right place to ask?

email or postings are fine.

Chris E. Forest