Re: Re: X-FrontEnd crashes upon certain keystrokes
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2756] Re: [mg2678] Re: X-FrontEnd crashes upon certain keystrokes
- From: george at mech.seas.upenn.edu ( George Jefferson )
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 02:01:58 -0500
- Organization: Mechanical Engineering
:Yes we had a lot of trouble with the Mathematica Front End on the SGI. :We made some progress by working closely with Victoria Bush from WRI. :Wolfram has to do a lot more to have a X- front end that is similiar to :the Mac Front End. I've run into a different bug in the sgi/x front end. Various control characters accidentally typed ( ^x say ) do not crash, or show up on the screen display - but they do get sent to the kernal resulting in the most bizarre errors. I spent a whole day debugging a simple notebook...finally a save-as-text showed these unintentional control codes burried in the input..sigh.