Help with lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2782] Help with lists
  • From: abindon at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Andre Bindon)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 02:05:50 -0500

	Hi! I'm having problems with the lists I try and manipulate.
I set a list as something and then try and get mathematica to pull out a
number in a range and it doesn't return anything. Like so;

In[1]:  list = {-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,5}
In[2]:  Count[list,{-2,2}]

What I'm trying to get the program to do is Count the values in the list
between certain values. I need to be able to do this over a negative and
positive domain. Could someone let me know how to do this, or perhaps a
way to get around the limitations of the program?
Thanks
Andre