- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2662] Re: help
- From: carolafb at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at (Carola Friederike Berger)
- Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 02:54:14 -0500
- Organization: Graz University of Technology, Austria
Dr. Sergio Miguel Terrazas Porras (sterraza at campus.cdj.itesm.mx) wrote:
: I have not been able to plot the function x^(1/3) for negative x
: Is there a special function for cuberoot?
You can't plot a function which yields imaginary numbers like your function
(e.g. (-2)^(1/3) gives (-1)^(1/3)* 2^(1/3) which is approximately
0.629961 + 1.09112 I)
with the simple Plot-Routine in Mathematica. You can either plot the real or
imaginary part or the absolute value with Plot, or you can try Plot3D.
Carola Friederike Berger alias carolafb at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Prev by Date:
switch list elements, index from inside ??
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Re: What's in the " .mb" files????
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Using C code on a Mac question?