How to plot solutions to conics and elliptics?
- Subject: [mg2707] How to plot solutions to conics and elliptics?
- From: clever at euclid.math.purdue.edu (Brian James Clever)
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 01:53:30 -0500
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
Hello. I was wondering how one plots the solutions to equations such as x^3 - y^2 -1 = 0 using Mathematica. It seems to be related to the ContourPlot function, but this gives me solid objects, not the solution set . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian Clever.