switch list elements, index from inside ??

  • Subject: [mg2644] switch list elements, index from inside ??
  • From: davep at
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 02:53:00 -0500
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup

I have a problem regarding the interchanging of list elements (using the routine
posted by Richard Mercer), when I want to index the elements from inside the

Mma complains that the part and position specification (that's m and n) in
ReplacePart is neither an integer nor a list of non zero integers.
Why doesn't Mma accept the (Random-) Integers ? This is probably a no brainer,
but I just don't see it.