Re: Mathematica under WinOS/2

In <4a3ekf$qnc at dragonfly.wri.com>, lasst62+ at pitt.edu (Ladislav Sedivy) writes:
>Mathematica (or kernel) is a 32bit software.  I think OS/2 does not support
>32bit windows apps.

The Windows version of Mathematica runs under OS/2 in the WINOS2 session
(which is essentially Windows code compiled using the Watcom C compiler
vs. the Microsoft C compiler).

However, it is my experience that the 32-bit version of Mathematica for
OS/2 generally runs 10-20% faster than the Windows version of Mathematica
(under either plan Windows or under OS/2.)

Scot A.C. Gould
Professor of Physics
Claremont Colleges