mma2html program

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg399] mma2html program
  • From: Ed_Donley <HEDONLEY at grove.iup.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 18:39:14 -0500 (EST)

[I have installed the program below on my Sparcstation and it
works.  I only had to edit a few spots in the HTML file produced
from a fairly complicated .ma file.  To see my example, go to
http://christensen.cybernetics.net/talk.html. - steve c.]

I've written a program, mma2html, to convert Mathematica notebooks to HTML
format and I plan to make it available for free over the Internet.  I was
inspired by Terry Robb's fine examples at

  http://www.maths.monash.edu.au/people/tdr/nbks/Index.html

Beginning with an evaluated Mathematica notebook, mma2html can create an
evaluated and/or an unevaluated version of the HTML documents.  The user can
specify which series of adjacent Mathematica-generated graphs are combined into
MPEG movies and which are converted to individual GIF images.  Mma2html does
not convert sounds or bitmap images.  You can see an example by going to the
URL

  http://www.ma.iup.edu/MathDept/Projects/CalcDEMma/Summary.html

and following the "Newton's Method and Fractals" link.

I would like to have a few people beta test mma2html within the next couple of
weeks before I submit it to MathSource and other archives.  If you are
interested in trying it out, I've made it available by anonymous ftp from
ftp.ma.iup.edu in the pub/mma2html directory.  If you do try it, please give me
your feedback.

Thanks,
Ed Donley
Mathematics Department