One Beautiful Animation

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg382] One Beautiful Animation
  • From: Xah Y Lee <xyl10060 at fhda.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 08:39:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi, MathGroupers.

Here's a beautiful animation you might enjoy.
--
Needs["Graphics`Graphics`"]

Do[
        PolarPlot[Sin[n t], {t,0, 5 Pi},
                PlotRange->{{-1,1},{-1,1}},
                PlotStyle->{Hue[0]},
                PlotLabel-> Sin[n t],
                Ticks->{{-1,-.5,.5,1},{-1,-.5,.5,1}}
        ],
        {n, 1,3,.01}
]
--

This animation took a minimun of 24M RAM (virtual memory OK). If you
can't assign that much memory to your mma, you might decrease the number

This animation took my 030/50Mhz computer with stud version of mma about 1
hour. Maybe 8 min on a PowerMac.

Enjoy! Happy new year.

 Xah Lee               xyl10060 at tiptoe.fhda.edu
 Mountain View, CA
 Quote of the day:     I won't believe it until I see it!
                                   --a sad mathematician.