"?" and "??"
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1679] "?" and "??"
- From: Scott.A.Hill at williams.edu (Lancelot)
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 00:04:15 -0400
- Organization: Williams College, Williamstown MA
I was wondering if there was a way to specify text to appear when ?? is invoked but not when ? is invoked. For instance, ?fnc vs ??fnc. The fnc in question has several options, which I currently describe in fnc::usage, but its unwieldy to have all of the options appear, with their descriptions, everytime I call up ?fnc. I saw mention of fnc::notes somewhere, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on ??. Any ideas? (I hope I'm making sense.) :) Also, I'm wondering how I can save several commands as a package. I'm running Mathematica off of a UNIX machine, and I've figured out how to save programs to my UNIX account and then call them back in as needed. Perhaps that is the same thing, eh? Anyway, if someone could shed light on how I can define such a file as a "package", I'd be interested. Thanks. / :@-) Scott \