Q) How to clear all variables

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1705] Q) How to clear all variables
  • From: rossiale at vega.unive.it (Alessandro Rossi)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:24:32 -0400

My problem with mathematica is very simple but it hurts me a lot.

You know, if you want to clear from all the values you have assigned to

a variable named 'xy1', you simply digit:

Clear(xy1)

and you have it.

But if you have been working for 1 hours and you want to clear all
the variables you have assigned is there a way much simplier than:
- digit: Clear(x1,x2,x3,.......,x10000)
- save the notebooks, quit mathematica, restart mathematica, open the noteb.

Please , someone asnwer me. I'm driving crazy.
Thanks in advance.