How to simplify Sqrt[x^2]?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1712] How to simplify Sqrt[x^2]?
- From: Dirk.Schwarzhans at cs.tu-berlin.de
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 05:34:36 -0400
- Organization: Technical University of Berlin, Germany
Hello, Mathematica does not simplify expressions like Sqrt[x^2] because there are two solutions x and -x. How do I get Mathematica to assume the positive solution in order to simplify expressions containing something like Sqrt[x^2]/x. Thanks in advance, Dirk Schwarzhans