3D Axes Label & bounding box of graphics [help]
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1704] 3D Axes Label & bounding box of graphics [help]
- From: mjb at phy.duke.edu (Michael John Bergmann)
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:14:31 -0400
- Organization: Duke University Physics Department; Durham, N.C.
When I set AxesLabel->True and Axes->True in a Graphics3D environment the axes label and the tick label overwrite each other. I need to correct this, but haven't found anyway to tell Mathematica where to position the AxesLabels. So I figure that I would use Text to place my own axes labels. The problem is that to get the labels to not overlap I place the axes labels outside the graphics bounding box for the figure and although the Text appears on the video display, but doesn't appear when I print to a ps file or ps printer. I have this problem on Mathematica 2.2 running on Sun OS and Solaris. I really need to get this resolved since the graph is to published in a paper that is to be submitted SOON. Suggestions eagerly awaited. mike -- Michael John Bergmann 919-660-2547 (home) 956-8439 Dept. of Physics box 90305, Duke University Durham, NC 27708-0305 http://www.phy.duke.edu/~mjb