Bizarre Plot Behavior

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1735] Bizarre Plot Behavior
  • From: REECE_D <REECE+_D%A1%Electromagnetic_Sciences at mcimail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 01:36:44 -0400

   I have encountered a strange problem in MMA for Windows(Ver.2.2).  I
asked to plot a function which is a linearly bounded Cosine type function.
When I plot on a certain interval, the first portion of the Cos wave(from
(0,1) to (Pi/2,0)) is inverted and plotted from (0,-1) to (Pi/2,0).  The
rest of the waveform is correct.  When I change the interval, the plot
corrects itself.  Is there something in the sampling scheme that would
cause this?  Has anyone else encountered this?

   Thanks in advance,
   Daryl

   P.S.  If anyone wants to see this, I'll send you the whole notebook but
it's fairly lengthy so I figured I'd save you all the reading.