How to Improve Memory Usage?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1728] How to Improve Memory Usage?
- From: jumping at ux4.cso.uiuc.edu (Jumping )
- Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 01:45:35 -0400
- Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
I was wondering if anybody could tell me why Mathematica for Windows
is horrendous in managing its memory. No matter what I do, it seems that
the memory usage can only go up and almost never down, regardless whether
I have cleared and removed variables from previous use. Can anybody explain
why Mathematica is doing that and is there a good method for improving
memory management? I was also wondering if Mathematica reserved some of
the memory it says is free for its own use. Thanks in advance.
Prev by Date:
Re: Table iterator bounds problem
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
A strong MAA, please
Next by thread:
Re: How to Improve Memory Usage?