How to Improve Memory Usage?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1728] How to Improve Memory Usage?
- From: jumping at ux4.cso.uiuc.edu (Jumping )
- Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 01:45:35 -0400
- Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
I was wondering if anybody could tell me why Mathematica for Windows is horrendous in managing its memory. No matter what I do, it seems that the memory usage can only go up and almost never down, regardless whether I have cleared and removed variables from previous use. Can anybody explain why Mathematica is doing that and is there a good method for improving memory management? I was also wondering if Mathematica reserved some of the memory it says is free for its own use. Thanks in advance. J.T. Tsai