How to set Sign of expression?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1595] How to set Sign of expression?
- From: keeton at husc.harvard.edu (Charles Keeton)
- Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 03:46:05 -0400
- Organization: Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Hi. I want to set the Sign of an expression. For example, suppose I know a is restricted to the range 0 < a < 1; then I know 1-a > 0. How do I tell Mathematica this? I have tried Sign[1-a]^=1 and a /: Sign[1-a]=1 but Mathematica frowns on both. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Chuck