WTB: PC image analysis program/routine
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1654] WTB: PC image analysis program/routine
- From: "Siobhan (Shevonne) Bonnie Ozard" <sozard at sfu.ca>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 05:55:37 -0400
- Organization: Simon Fraser University
Hi All ! We have images of surfaces and would like to find a PC program that calculates the density of dots in the image. These dots are not the colour pixels and typically occupy several hundred pixels. The dots are distinguished by their intensity. The task is much like counting the number of stars in a photo of the night sky. Could write a program to do it but there MUST be several out there already ! Data format is .hdf (Hierarchical Data Format). We're interested in all programs since we may be able to change the data format. WINDOWS software would be perfect but someone's personal routine is just fine. I wrote programs to do this myself a couple of years ago but they're in the wrong language ! please reply via e-mail sozard at sfu.ca THANKS !