Download from Mathsource

I have experienced some problems downloading .m files (packages) from
Mathsource to my Mac.
The files arrive as text files and when I open them with MMA everything
seems ok, but when I execute the file I get error messages.
This is because of the different way computers deals with line feeds and
carriage returns.
I can see this by saving the loaded file with MMA. Now it has become a MMA
file and the next time I load it I can see the "missing character" sign in
place of the LF/CR characters.
I can use find and replace to solve the problem, but it's lengthy and annoying.
Is there a better way to get the files with the corect characters right
away from the Net? I normally/preferrably download with Netscape 1.1 "save
link" command, but I could also use Fetch or something else if necessary.

Thanks in advance

Alessandro Stecchina