Re: Recursion problem?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1567] Re: Recursion problem?
- From: bruck at mtha.usc.edu (Ronald Bruck)
- Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 06:59:32 -0400
- Organization: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
In article <3sg44d$8ji at news0.cybernetics.net> bruck at mtha.usc.edu (Ronald Bruck) writes: >Can anyone tell me what in the world Mathematica is doing with the following >program? ... > >WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK? Well, to answer my own question, here's why not: > >weight[m_, n_, a_] := weight[p, q, a] = ^^^^ If you want it to remember values, you shouldn't stick LOCAL variables there! That p, q should be m, n. Arrgh! A bloody typo! Now it works. --Ron Bruck