  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1546] Re: [mg1514] Labels on contourlines in ContourPlot[]
  • From: twj (Tom Wickham-Jones)
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 03:27:43 -0400

Torben Winther Graversen writes

>When making contourplots with ContourPlot[] I miss being able to have labels
>on the plot next to all or some of the contourlines showing the value of this
>contour.

I have written a package, LabelContour.m, that can write numbers
on unshaded contour plots and can write a legend next to shaded
contout plots.   It is available from MathSource item 0207-324.

The use of this package is described in my book:

"Mathematica Graphics: Techniques and Applications" by Tom Wickham-Jones
published  by TELOS/Springer-Verlag 1994 ISBN 0-387-94047-2

Tom Wickham-Jones
WRI