Vote NO!!!!!!!!!

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg524] Vote NO!!!!!!!!!
  • From: laska at (Andrew Laska)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:27:17 -0800 (PST)

> Send MAIL to:   voting at
> Just Replying should work if you are not reading this on a mailing list.
> Your mail message should contain one of the following statements:
>       I vote YES on comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
>       I vote NO on comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
> You may also ABSTAIN in place of YES/NO - this will not affect the outcome.
> Anything else may be rejected by the automatic vote counting program.  The
> votetaker will respond to your received ballots with a personal acknowledge-
> ment by mail - if you do not receive one within several days, try again.
> It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is registered correctly.
> One vote counted per person, no more than one per account. Addresses and
> votes of all voters will be published in the final voting results list.

I urge all mathgroupers to vote NO to the proposed newsgroup.

A moderated group will choke out any possibility of a non moderated
newsgroup in the future. Yes, it is technically possible to have
non-moderated newsgroup but in practice this rarely happens.

The moderated format will shrink interest and input drastically. Thes two
reasons combined will make the newsgroup basically useless.

Vote NO!!!!