Remote Kernel

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.Cybernetics.NET
  • Subject: [mg495] Remote Kernel
  • From: Anthony Rebello <arebello at knox.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 13:27:13 -0600 (CST)

	We are running on a network of machines running the Nextstep
operating system with a copy of Mma existing locally on each client
machine's hard drive.  Is it possible, in general (regardless of your
network setup), to launch the front end on one client machine and request
that the number-crunching be done by a kernel residing on a different
client machine via math-link?  This seems to be very possible but we
can't figure out how to get it to work here.  Are there any things in
particular that one must do if they are running on a NeXT network?
		Thank You,
			-Anthony Rebello
			 Knox College