Re: Error in graphical display

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg942] Re: Error in graphical display
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 00:21:26 -0400

In article <3nn47s$91f at>, orlando at
(Orlando Peres) wrote:

> Dear Group
> When I try use the buttons of window of a graphic, the window
> disappeared and it is create a core file. In
> the prompt appear the above messages:
> n[2]:= /lib/ Unresolved symbol: topLevelShellClassRec (data)
> from /usr/lib/Motif1.1/
> /lib/ Unresolved symbol: _XmAddGrab (code)  from /usr/lib
> Motif1.1/
> In[2]:= quit
> What is the problem?

Since you omitted to mention exactly what version of Mathematica
you are using and for what computer, I am guessing here, but this
looks like a problem with the motifps Postscript interpreter on
an IBM RS/6000 system having problems with the version of the
Motif libraries installed on your system.

A version of the Motif Mathematica PostScript interpreter for
RS6000 Platforms that is compiled with statically linked libraries
which should solve this problem is available on MathSource,
Wolfram Research's electronic library of Mathematica materials.
It is item number 0204-916. Here is the MathSource description:

Motif Mathematica PostScript Interpreter for RS6000 Platforms

Wolfram Research

Revision date: February 8, 1994

IBM RS6000 PostScript interpreter distributed with Mathematica
Version 2.2 for machines running the Motif windowing system.

        Motifps resource file (February 8, 1994, 7 Kb)
        motifps executable file (February 8, 1994, 4.8 Mb)
        Motif.m Mathematica package (February 1, 1993, 3 Kb)
        README.txt Installation notes (February 8, 1994, 0 Kb)

MathSource is accessible by email (mathsource at, by
anonymous ftp/gopher (, and by World Wide
Web (

If your problems persist I would suggest that you contact
Wolfram Research Technical Support directly (support at,
support-europe at in Europe and support-asia at in

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Tel (217) 398-0700        Fax (217) 398-0747        ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page