What's this Mathematica function called?
- Subject: [mg934] What's this Mathematica function called?
- From: martind at carleton.edu (D<martind at carleton.edu>M)
- Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 00:13:19 -0400
- Apparently-to: mathgroup-send at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Organization: Carleton College -- Northfield, MN
First let me apologize for what I'm pretty certain is a question that I could
find if only I searched through the big black book long enough. However, I am
unable to find an answer anywhere in the index, so I'll ask it here.
What is Mathematica function that determines if one expression depends on
another? i.e. if this function were called Depends, it would give output
something like this:
Depends[x + 3, x]
y := x^2
Clear[y]; Depends[f[g[y]], x]
I seem to remember running across it at some point, but I'm unable to find it
martind at carleton.edu
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Challenge! ....RESULTS...
Next by thread:
Re: What's this Mathematica function called?