  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg1222] Transpose[{1,2}]
  • From: Xah Y Lee <xyl10060 at>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 02:29:55 -0400

this is a discrepency between versions. In student version 2.1, if one do

mma returns {1,2} without generating any errors.  But in
version 2.2, an error
message somethig like "Transpose::nmxd" will come up complaining about the
argument being one dimensional. I wasn't aware of this until my program
went out that contain the above line. Caused me much distress <g>.

I thought MathGrouper might want to know this too.

 Xah            74631.731 at
 Quote of the day:
 I shed tears for nothing but Mathematica.