Fastest Mathematica implementation?

Benchmark results, anyone? What is the fastest back end processor for
Mathematica?  I realize that the answer depends on what I want to do
with Mathematica; at the moment, I'm most interested in small amounts
of symbolic transformation tied to large amounts of numerical
analysis.

If this is in a FAQ somewhere, I haven't found it yet.