Re: Galois package for Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg978] Re: Galois package for Mathematica
- From: Bruce Williams <bhwill at xmission.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 06:24:35 -0400
- Organization: XMission Public Access Internet (801 539 0900)
y0000353 at ws.rz.tu-bs.de (Torsten Abendroth) wrote: >As a student of electrical engineering I am concerned with shift register >synthesis. This topic often involves calculus in finite fields, especially >fields of type GF(2), GF(2^n) and GF(2)[x]. > >Are there packages available for Mathematica to do calculations e.g. >determining a polynomial's order, in finite fields ? > >Please email Your answer to : T.Abendroth at tu-bs.de > >Thanks for reading Torsten Abendroth > > > A package for Galois fields is available via the Mathsource Electronic Library at http://www.wri.com.