Numerical implicit function plotting
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg969] Numerical implicit function plotting
- From: Zorro <berriz at husc.harvard.edu>
- Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 04:54:23 -0400
- Organization: Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Hi. I have a smooth function f(x,y,z), such that for all (x,y) within some rectangular region S, a unique z exists such that f(x,y,z) = 0. I would like to have Mathematica *numerically* plot this implicit function on S, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've looked in my Mathematica documentation without success (maybe I'm not looking in the right places). Is it possible to do this in Mathematica? If yes, where can I read up on it? Thanks in advance! Z. P.S. I couldn't find a FAQ for this group? If one exists, where can I get it?