Re: Maximum Likelihood Estimation

One approach is to write out the likelihood function and then do a grid
search, assuming it is too nasty for analytic methods.  I am doing this
at the moment, and can tell you that mma is very, very, very slow for
this purpose.  My bet is that you would be much happier with a package
designed for this purpose, such as Gauss. On the otherhand, the symbolic
abilities of mma can be useful for some problems