  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2538] How to write a loop
  • From: "Enrico C. Walker" <ewalke1 at gl.umbc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 00:19:50 -0500

 I need to raise a number to some large exponent - i.e. 245 ^ 500.
I know that I may run into a problem by plugging it directly. so I'd like to find the result
by using some sort of programming loop such.

     DO 250 times
         begin

              x = x * 245 ^ 2

         end
     PRINT X

Can I do such programming in MATHEMATICA? Please advise.

-RICO-