  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2596] LUDecomposition output?
  • From: buchan at metronet.com (John S. Buchan)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:33:39 -0500

Can someone tell me how, exactly, is the LUDecomposition output formatted?
I have a symmetric matrix which I need to decompose into a lower and an upper
diagonal matrix, but I cannot find any reference to the command itself.
Executing LUDecomposition[ ] gives me a single table, but I do not know which
coefficents belong to which matrix.  Any help will be appreciated.