Re: Novice user

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg2428] Re: Novice user
  • From: koliver at (Kyle Oliver)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 23:41:31 -0500

NAZRI at wrote:
: Hello there,

: I am very new to Mathematica. I am using version 2.2 on DOS/Windows
: 3.1. Here is my "small" problem that I failed to figure out why ...

: The input that I keyed-in and the resulting output did not in-line
: with the respective line numbers, after I typed Shift-Enter. Examples ...

: ln[1]:-
:               2^3

: Out[1]:-

: Please help. Thanks in advance.

We run into that problem in our lab all of the time.  The problem usually
occurs for us after we have typed in a long notebook or we go back to edit
something in the notebook.  You can solve the problem by just refreshing the
display by hitting the F5 key or looking under the window menu for Refresh.

Hope this helps....

|  				Kyle Oliver	    			     |
|	   Boston University Department of Manufacturing Engineering         |
|    Undergraduate Student / ENG Computer Consultant / Resident Assistant    |