X-FrontEnd crashes upon certain keystrokes

  • Subject: [mg2601] X-FrontEnd crashes upon certain keystrokes
  • From: braunshausen at embl-heidelberg.de (Gerhard Braunshausen)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:34:31 -0500
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup

I am running Mathematica on a Sun Sparcstation 10 with Solaris 2.4
and we are having a distributed license.

When  I accentally hit "Shift Enter" for 'evaluate cell' with the
cursor not inside the cell to be evaluated, Mathematica disappears without
notice and without saving the current status in a dump-file.

The same happens when trying to use the pulldown menu item "merge cells"
when having two cells selected.

Has anyone experienced a similar behaviour, or does anyone know of a fix.
Is it possible that we are using the wrong key mapping files?

thanks for any hints