Statistical expectation: HOW??
- Subject: [mg2605] Statistical expectation: HOW??
- From: fjl0014 at ucs.usl.edu (Lombardo Fernando J)
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:35:13 -0500
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Univ. of Southwestern La., Lafayette
Hi, How can I do statistical expectation on Mathematica? Does the function Mean work like an expectation? I need to take the expectation of the Erf function with respect to a parameter, that is discrete with value 1 or -1. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks... +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Fernando Lombardo Univ. of Southwestern Louisiana EECE DA CAJUNS!!! fjl at usl.edu URL: http://www.ucs.usl.edu/~fjl0014/index.html +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++