Deleting more subtle then Clear[ ] ?

  • Subject: [mg2234] Deleting more subtle then Clear[ ] ?
  • From: alfred at
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 05:53:14 GMT
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at ( )

	Let's assume we have a function f[x,y,z] where x and y are VERY big or
time consuming lists of numbers or functions.
	By defining f[x_,y_,z_]:= f[x,y,z] =   I make MMA remember what it did.
How can I now tell it to disremember for all f[x,*,*] when I specifically want
it to reprocess whatever is dependend on x (i.e. the contents of the file has
changed but the name is the same) but NOT on y?

Thanks for help

Alfred H. Corrodi		"Capitalism is based on the assumption
Risk Manager			 that you can win the game. Communism
Creditanstalt-Bankverein	 is based on the assumption that you can
alfred at (NeXT)	 break even. Mysticism is based on the
Tel/43/1/531311967 Fax/5337341   assumption that you can leave the game."