Deleting more subtle then Clear[ ] ?
- Subject: [mg2234] Deleting more subtle then Clear[ ] ?
- From: alfred at ca-risc.co.at
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 05:53:14 GMT
- Approved: email@example.com
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: EUnet EDV DienstleistungsgesmbH, Wien
- Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )
Well, Let's assume we have a function f[x,y,z] where x and y are VERY big or time consuming lists of numbers or functions. By defining f[x_,y_,z_]:= f[x,y,z] = I make MMA remember what it did. How can I now tell it to disremember for all f[x,*,*] when I specifically want it to reprocess whatever is dependend on x (i.e. the contents of the file has changed but the name is the same) but NOT on y? Thanks for help Alfred -- ================================ Alfred H. Corrodi "Capitalism is based on the assumption Risk Manager that you can win the game. Communism Creditanstalt-Bankverein is based on the assumption that you can alfred at ca-risc.co.at (NeXT) break even. Mysticism is based on the Tel/43/1/531311967 Fax/5337341 assumption that you can leave the game."