- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3683] matrix algebra
- From: garciajb at ucunix.san.uc.edu (Juan Garcia Velo)
- Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 02:53:18 -0500
- Organization: Aerospace Engineering, U. of Cincinnati
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Does anybody know of a package of functions and operators that can deal
with partitioned matrices? Example:
mat_a = [ a b ] mat_b = [ d c ]
[ c d ] [ b a ]
where a, b, c, d are matrices (although not necessarily defined) of
appropriate dimensions. Then I can do MULT[mat_a,mat_b] and get
mat_c = [ a d + b b a c + b a ]
[ c d + d b c c + d a ]
without any attempt of changing the order in the products defining the
elements of mat_c, because they are matrices, obviously.
I already explored the wolfram web site and didn't find anything.
Juan Garcia-Velo garciajb at ucunix.san.uc.edu
Aerospace Engineering, ML 70
University of Cincinnati My .sig file does not accurately
Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA reflect the owner's creativity.
==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: Font changes on plots??
Next by Date:
Difficulties in patterns matching
Previous by thread:
Re: Creating and Opening Files on a Mac...
Next by thread:
Re: matrix algebra