Plotting problem v 2.2. for X windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3746] Plotting problem v 2.2. for X windows
  • From: Ufuk Tureli <ut3k at fulton.seas.virginia.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 03:01:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have a problem when I use the graphical user interface
version of the MAthematica(v2.2 for X-window) on a
RS-6000 IBM system.

The notebook will not show the plots generated in a
function(usung ListPlot). It seems that the
axis, title and labels are there and the scaling is correct too.

The problem is that there is no plot that I can view.
When I print using the "print" command from the "File"
menu, the printout has the plot though.

The text based version will work just fine and will put
a Motif ps window on the screen every thing included.

My frustration is doubled when I see that a function
like the :

Plot[Sin[x], {x,0,2*Pi}]

will have an output plot  on the notebook.

Let me know if there is anything I am missing!

Thanks,

Ufuk Tureli
Ph.D. candidate
Department of Electrical Engineering