Re: Postfix (//) with Options?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4602] Re: Postfix (//) with Options?
- From: michael.probst at uibk.ac.at (Michael Probst)
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 03:25:21 -0400
- Organization: University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi ! I think you have to do it by defining a function fl=Flatten[#,1]&; and then use ... //fl Michael michael.probst at uibk.ac.at In article <4u9i7r$moj at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, siegman at ee.stanford.edu says... > >How can I use a postfix operation which has optional parameters and specify >the parameters in the postfix? For example, how can I write N[expr,k] >as expr // N plus something to express a nondefault value for k ? > >I particularly want to implement Flatten[expr,1] in postfix >form, because it seems more readable to have the expression (which may be >lengthy) come first, then the Flatten as an afterthought (reduces the >depth of brackets by one also). > > > ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====